Maharshi Dayananda Gurukula
Jamaica, New York, USA
Ocean View, Uitvlugt, W.C. Demerara, Guyana
Sanskrit Course – Level 2 (200)
Course ID: Sanskrit 200
Course Instructor: Dr. Satish Prakash
- Text: A Sanskrit Manual – Part 1 by R. Antoine
- Sanskrit/English Dictionary – Oxford Publication
Time: Sundays at 4:00 p.m. NYC time, EST
- Decline and use -OO ending feminine nouns, -I, -U, -RI ending neuter nouns.
- Know how to conjugate verbs in the Potential Mood, both Atmanepada and Parasmaipada
- Recognize the subtle differences between the Imperative and Potential Moods and develop proficiency in using them in sentences.
- Know that adjectives agree with their nouns in number and gender.
- Declining and using the personal pronouns Asmat, Yushmat [Aham, Twam, Sah, Saa]
- The passive voice, the augment YA and Atmanepada terminations. Changing active voice to passive voice.
- The demonstrative pronouns – Idam, Adas
- Declining nouns ending in consonants, with such nouns having one, two and three stems.
- The passive impersonal.
- The participles – present and perfect [active and passive].
- Degrees of comparison of adjectives [good, better, best].
- Formation of feminine nouns and adjectives.
- Interrogative [KIM] and relative [YAD] pronouns.
- Indeclinable past participles.
- Locative and Genitive Absolute.
- The infinitive and subordinate and adverb clause.
- Cardinals and ordinals.
- commit to consistent efforts , practice and discipline
- participate by responding to questions
- generate lesson-based questions
- complete and submit assignments on time
- collaborate with others in class to foster a better understanding of content
- contribute to a respectful and caring class environment